Aurora House is a two-bed comfort care home for the dying. We provide care for people when their medical team has indicated a prognosis of less than three months. In collaboration with a Home Care Hospice Agency and a resident’s physician, Aurora House volunteer caregivers and staff offer day to day care that is rooted in compassion, comfort, and dignity: the basis of the Hospice philosophy. Our House offers residents a home-like setting in which to find peace and fulfillment and to know that they matter. In addition, we offer support to family and friends freeing them from care giving and allowing them to simply be with their loved one.
Aurora House, a home for the dying and their loved ones, provides compassionate, end of life care in a loving, home-like setting. Our goals are to provide optimal care by:
- Creating an atmosphere of peace and serenity through the final stages of life.
- Addressing physical, psychological and spiritual needs of the dying.
- Respecting the dignity, values and wishes of our residents and their loved ones.
- Ensuring adequate pain control.
- Recruiting and training dedicated volunteers for a wide range of services.
- Offering bereavement care to families and friends.