Aurora House is a two-bed comfort care home for the dying. We provide care for people when their medical team has indicated a prognosis of less than three months. In collaboration with a Home Care Hospice Agency and a resident’s physician, Aurora House volunteer caregivers and staff offer day to day care that is rooted in compassion, comfort, and dignity: the basis of the Hospice philosophy. Our House offers residents a home-like setting in which to find peace and fulfillment and to know that they matter. In addition, we offer support to family and friends freeing them from care giving and allowing them to simply be with their loved one.
All services of Aurora House are offered free of charge through the generosity and kindness of our community, friends, and neighbors. Donations, memorials, grants, and fundraisers allow us to provide this gift to our community. Volunteers are the heart of our home and give of themselves in many ways: care to our residents, cleaning, gardening, event planning, fund raising, cooking meals, and more. We are always accessible to our community as a resource for information or support and welcome your calls or visits
Offering welcome and comfort to family members
Aurora House, a home for the dying and their loved ones, provides compassionate, end of life care in a loving, home-like setting. Our goals are to provide optimal care by:
- Creating an atmosphere of peace and serenity through the final stages of life.
- Addressing physical, psychological and spiritual needs of the dying.
- Respecting the dignity, values and wishes of our residents and their loved ones.
- Ensuring adequate pain control.
- Recruiting and training dedicated volunteers for a wide range of services.
- Offering bereavement care to families and friends.